spring straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kjpwong

Reaction score
i know this question might sound completely idiotic to you guys but.....
what are the main purposes of a spring strap?
cheers

For the ease of donning and doffing your fins.

No more adjusting straps. When you're wearing a cumbersome drysuit you can't beat the ease of putting them on.

they are absolutely awesome...best $35 i EVER spent.

For the fastest surf entry of your life and more durable than any pathetic strap. If you have a design or DIY with caveline in the spring, then you will even prevent overstretching and add even longer life to your springstraps.

Before I had ever heard of technical or cave diving or DIR . . . a friend showed me spring straps. No more struggling in the shallows to tighten my fin straps. No more, "I forgot to loosen the dratted things before I got in the water!" No more lost fins. Springs straps are soooooo coool and so useful, I simply don't know why everybody who dives doesn't use them. No matter what your religious beliefs, springs straps rock.

Another huge advantage is that they offer a nice snag-free alternative to the conventional straps offered by the mfgs. Fellow kelp divers appreciate this benefit greatly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom