Spring straps for post type fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward Son

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone made any? My wife has Aqualung Blade fins. I have the hardware to attach to the posts (3/16" anchor shackles) but need to buy springs. I tried one of the 11 inch springs I bought for my Jet fins & it's a bit too long. I think a 10 or maybe even a 9.5 length would be about right. If anyone has made them & can confirm the length used I'd appreciate it.

Wayward Son:
Anyone made any? My wife has Aqualung Blade fins. I have the hardware to attach to the posts (3/16" anchor shackles) but need to buy springs. I tried one of the 11 inch springs I bought for my Jet fins & it's a bit too long. I think a 10 or maybe even a 9.5 length would be about right. If anyone has made them & can confirm the length used I'd appreciate it.

Exact length required will vary with each person. I had to shorten mine just a bit. Just shorten the springs until they are right.

Wayward Son:
Everything you wanted to know about spring straps - how to size them, cut them, attach them - is posted in the DIY (Do It Yourself) forum. Just do a search under "spring Straps" in the DIY forum and you'll find a plethora of information.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom