Spring Straps for Apollo Split Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward Son

Contributor
Reaction score
Note: These are ATOMIC fins, not Apollos.

Made up a pair this weekend. I think they came out nice, but they are labor intensive to make the ends & get them to fit.

apollo.jpg

apolloside.jpg

apolloside2.jpg

apollotop.jpg

Shackles won't fit these. Apollo posts are smaller than other posts & have a large head. I already make them using shackles. If there is a shackle in existance that'll fit these, I haven't been able to find it.

Wayward Son:
Shackles won't fit these. Apollo posts are smaller than other posts & have a large head. I already make them using shackles. If there is a shackle in existance that'll fit these, I haven't been able to find it.
Yeah, don't know about the Apollos, I once did a pair of Atomics. The smallest SS shackles I've seen are 3/8" inside diameter (which you can sqeeze down even smaller), like this:
http://bosunsupplies.com/products2.cfm?product=S0116-FS

What's the diameter of the Apollo posts?

My bad, I called these Apollo. They are Atomics. The posts are 3/8 diameter.

The shackles I use on my wifes fins are 3/16", but that is not the diameter of the opening, just the size listed on the package. These shackles will fall right over the post heads on Atomics.

The Atomic post heads are 9/16", I could use wire to mount them but wanted to see if I could do something neater. Came up with this.

Wayward Son:
My bad, I called these Apollo. They are Atomics. The posts are 3/8 diameter.

The shackles I use on my wifes fins are 3/16", but that is not the diameter of the opening, just the size listed on the package. These shackles will fall right over the post heads on Atomics.

The Atomic post heads are 9/16", I could use wire to mount them but wanted to see if I could do something neater. Came up with this.
Yeah, they're GREAT! Just mentioning to anyone that I did find shackles that work. My dive buddy, Tony "borrowed" them about a year and a half ago and he's still diving those same springs straps.

Next time I see him, I'll take a measurement of the shackles.

Very neat job on yours, W.S.!

Back
Top Bottom