Spring Fling - Sun. April 27 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffro360

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
who all is going? new to the forums here, thinking about going to the Spring Fling since i've been hearing Travis is having great vis lately. I'm guessing a 5mm should do the trick for warmth?

Just did the Aquarena Cleanup (in the training area) last sunday... if any of you were there, "hi" again.

who all is going? new to the forums here, thinking about going to the Spring Fling since i've been hearing Travis is having great vis lately. I'm guessing a 5mm should do the trick for warmth?

Just did the Aquarena Cleanup (in the training area) last sunday... if any of you were there, "hi" again.

Is this the Spring Fling Scubaland Adventures does every year? Just wondering. If you are worried about what wetsuit to bring you are in luck. DUI is doing a drysuit rally that weekend and you can try out a drysuit. If you do not want to try a drysuit a 5mm should be fine for the 70 degree temp. I pair my 5MM with a beanie and gloves for a little extra protection this time of year.

yup, it's the Scubaland Fling.... i was thinking the same thing about the 5mm, might wear my heater shirt under it for some extra upper warmth... and my hood.

I could be wrong, but I thought Scubaland canceled the Spring Fling for this weekend because they are also doing the DUI DOG Rally. It would probably be a good idea to call 'em...this is just "what I heard" from another DM (512-323-6999).

Last I heard from Scubaland, they cancelled the Spring Fling b/c their staff is booked with other obligations including DUI Dog Days (they are a new Austin dealer), Classes, and IE's.

There will still be plenty going on however and lots of Swampers including myself out camping and diving.

Lake temps havn't made it to the 70's yet, though they are warming up... it's still 60f at 60' and even colder deeper, so I'd layer up with what you've got.

Here's a great link to monitor Lake Travis temps:

Current LTTS Weather Readings

I'll be camping Friday through Sunday and will be one of the only two guys in BLUE USIA DRYSUITS.... Come say hello :D

Oh, and Debra is right, this is a great weekend to tryout drysuit diving with DUI who'll be onsite with a hundred suits or so that you can try on for a test dive :wink:

Windy Point Park

I guess that's surface temps, didn't think about it at depth.:giggle:. I use my 5mm down to 60 degrees with hood and gloves.

Last I heard from Scubaland, they cancelled the Spring Fling b/c their staff is booked with other obligations including DUI Dog Days (they are a new Austin dealer), Classes, and IE's.

There will still be plenty going on however and lots of Swampers including myself out camping and diving.

Lake temps havn't made it to the 70's yet, though they are warming up... it's still 60f at 60' and even colder deeper, so I'd layer up with what you've got.

Here's a great link to monitor Lake Travis temps:

Current LTTS Weather Readings

I'll be camping Friday through Sunday and will be one of the only two guys in BLUE USIA DRYSUITS.... Come say hello :D

Oh, and Debra is right, this is a great weekend to tryout drysuit diving with DUI who'll be onsite with a hundred suits or so that you can try on for a test dive :wink:

A BLUE USIA DRYSUIT? That is almost as deadly as someone using a YELLOW HARNESS

i guess that would explain why they took the fling off their website.... bummer.

But yah, maybe i'll still try and make it out and "test" a dry suit! gonna run by the North shop after work and talk to John.... at the least i'd like to make a dive this weekend. i didn't think i'd let it turn into an addiction so soon.

I once looked into the USIA drysuits. Similar to DUI but half the price.

I once looked into the USIA drysuits. Similar to DUI but half the price.

Thomas bought a nice used USIA from a fellow in Ca. and likes it he said....does look like a good basic ds when he showed it to me.

Back
Top Bottom