Spouses underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spt29970

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Lately I have been trying to shoot more WA, but what do you do when you end up on a site that doesn't have W/A subjects? I unleash my rig on my poor suffering spouse. I think she is getting tired of posing, but she makes a great dive model; then again I am biased. :) I thought I would start a thread devoted to images of spouses underwater. Here are a few of my favorites. As usual click on the image for more detail

(No she is not touching...)

Colour on the third pic reminds me of Barbados...where were you? I would say the same for the lovely healthy coral in the second pic but not enough soft corals for our reefs.

Pic #1 was taken in Cozumel last week :)
Pic #2 was taken in the Philippines (Apo Island) last fall
Pic #3 was taken in the Blue Grotto in Florida a few years ago. It is a fresh water cavern with spectacularly clear water.

Ah, green water, So much harder to deal with
Cheddarguy & Friends
closeencounter.jpg

My favorite part of this thread is seeing how long it takes your spouse to figure out you posted a pic of them!

Miranda

Attachments

• rsz_Tim at Ginnie.jpg
    rsz_Tim at Ginnie.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 80
These are from Truk a few years ago of my last girlfriend before met my wife. We had just come from Yap where I had taken a photo course from Mike Veitch, who is on SB. When we got to Yap I still had the camera housing in the box it was shipped in and didn't even know how to put it together so Mike had to start pretty much from scratch when I started his class. These are among the first photos I ever took under water.

The first one is doing deco after diving the San Francisco and I'm not sure of the name of the 2nd wreck.

_MG_8493copy.jpg

_MG_8567copy.jpg

but what do you do when you end up on a site that doesn't have W/A subjects?

I don't shoot much W/A myself but always use who I'm with as a subject:

Spouse.jpg

And even when it's not a W/A lens:

Muggsy_measuring_a_buggsy.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom