Spot the Fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ruu

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The attached photo does genuinely contain a fish. It's one (more)example of why I probably shouldn't be allowed to take a camera diving. It was taken in Dahab if anyone is interested. I assure you that it doesn't all look this bad - I was swimming back in over some tidal shallows and spotted the aforementioned subject of the composition. It was taken with a disposable Fujifilm camera at approximately 0.5m depth - if you want to know the settings then:

a) There weren't any and
b) You need help.

Bonus points for identifying the species of fish in question.

Dave

Is it a small pipe of gar fish at the centre of the shot ??

Simon

Agape once bubbled...
That's not so bad. I thought my disposable u/w shots turned out a lot worse than yours. Especially the ones I took in Cabo it was not very good weather everything just looks blue.

Paula

That was one of my better shots actually. There were a couple that I was pretty happy with in around 60 exposures. Thats why I am (a) buying a camera that doesn't get taken apart during photo processing and (b) going digital with a decent amount of memory. In some of my pictures I couldn't even snap the ground properly...

Dave

And yes, it is a pipefish in the middle of the picture.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom