Spokane has yet another missing from a boating accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I can't believe how busy they have been. One right after another.

Per the news this one is a 55-year-old male who fell out of a small sailboat. No PFD no float.

The team just suspended the search due to cold zero vis conditions.

Gary D.

Hopefully they can catch a break so they can rest up.

I used to live in Spokane. If I remember correctly this is the time of year when you will be busy recovering drunken inner tubers from the Spokane river.

I just got a call that the SS will arive in Spokane day after tomorrow.

Gary D.

SS got there today and went to work. They just had it on the news that the gentleman's body was located about 30 minutes ago (1630) and the recovery is underway.

Gary D.

Very sad about the man....my hear goes out to his family.

My husband is CG Reserves, and I'm UCGAUX. I go out on regular CG patrols in our area, and well... It's too bad that the recent CG Boater Education Initiative was deleted from the recent final version of the CG and Maritime Transportation act of 2006. 44 of 56 states and territories have some level of boater proficiency requirements. Does Washington have boater requirements? Just curious. California does NOT have any proficiency requirements for boat ownership, except the money to buy it...:shakehead

Cynde:
It's too bad that the recent CG Boater Education Initiative was deleted from the recent final version of the CG and Maritime Transportation act of 2006. 44 of 56 states and territories have some level of boater proficiency requirements. Does Washington have boater requirements? Just curious. California does NOT have any proficiency requirements for boat ownership, except the money to buy it...:shakehead:
Now why would Washington and Idaho want to do something like that? Educated boaters, drivers and anyone that goes in or near the water could put us out of business. In all the years I've been doing this one, maybe two of the 257 recoveries were wearing PFD's. If we reduced that by 99% I'd be out of work! I'd be very glad to be unemployed.

Boaters seem to have huge checkbooks and very little brains. They don't realize that when motor vehicles collide everything stops and we go clean up the mess. In water related accidents nothing stops but we still have to clean up the hide and seek mess.

Do you have the power to issue citations? Here in Idaho the Aux. doesn't. They have to be issued by the CG who is never here, us or a private citizen. The Aux. is out there trying to promote boater safety and get people's attention but the have less rights than a drunkin dirtbag.

Gary D.

Alabama requires a vessel endorsement to operate anything motorized on the water. I think it is a step in the right direction in regards to boater awareness and education. I also think it has an impact on drinking and boating since if you are caught under the influence while operating a vessel, you will lose your DL as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom