Spoiled Big Kid With My New NiMH HID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamieZ

Reaction score
# of dives
About 2 months ago I was in the market for a smaller alternative to my MLS1 Dive Rite light canister. So Like I usually do when I’m looking for scuba gear I hit the NET to do a little research. One of the discussions I came across was on these new improved light canisters rigged with NiMH batteries. The board recommended I check into Extreme Exposures Helios lights but never told me what they cost. Well when I did find out what they were selling for I almost s--t a brick. There was no way after only purchasing my 10w HID MlS1 only a year ago that I could justify spending $887 or could I. Well once my girlfriend found out what I was planning on doing she threw a guilt trip at me and told me how much of a spoiled big kid I was.

So a couple of weeks go by and I still have this wicked urge to buy that light. Well one night while I was hanging out with the owners of my local scuba shop we started talking about lights and of course I brought up my dilemma. They said there just so happens to be this guy we know who is making canisters out of Delrin and using NiMH batteries. Well they gave the guy my number because some people for good reasons don’t like giving out numbers or names or prices for their secret sources. The guy called me and gave me a price that really sparked my interest he also supplied me with a web page address that contained info and pics of his products. I checked out the page and got even more excited because I realized that I didn’t have to buy a complete new light but just the canister and the battery and my HID Dive Rite head would wire directly to it. Now THAT’S SHOPPING! After doing my research and coming up with some figures I purchased the canister from Dan. With my GF’s approval. She was happy that I at least did some comparative shopping. This light is so freaking sweet so much cheaper then EE and I even got a friend out of the deal. You think that after bugging him to set my light up for me that he wished he would have charged me double but no he was really cool about it and has even taken me diving since. I do think I was the reason he put all the instructions/pictures on his web page, to show you exactly how to hook up your light head if you don’t decide to purchase the EE head with it. So this is the end of my Spoiled Big Kid Story. Moral of this story is it pays to shop around. Here’s the link that shows how Dan hooked up my light. http://www.stealthdive.com/
:bounce:

Great post, great looking canister, Customer support and satisfaction. Stealthdive will go along way with that attitude!
Thanks Scubanarc

Thanks!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom