Suggestion Splitting Hairs . . . er, Menu Bars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Jax

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
You know that menu bar with the menus "Forums", "Board Features", "UserCP", etc?

How about putting a copy of that at the bottom of the page . . . so when a user has scanned all the posts, they don't have to wheel back to the top of the page, but can just click "User CP" or "New Posts" or whatever?

My .02psi

hitting that little home key is sooo tough somedays :)

Next suggestion - - - Need a "No Thanks" button that makes a raspberry sound . . . :wink:

hitting that little home key is sooo tough somedays :)

Damit you needed to be more specific... its the "Home" key on the keyboard :D I spent 5 mins looking for a home button on the bottom of the page here :D Good thing its too early in the morning for me... Guess i should have clued in when you said "Key".

hitting that little home key is sooo tough somedays

At the risk of turning this discussion practical again, in some situations, yes the home key is inconvenient. For example, looking at one netbook recently, it required moving the mouse pointer, a mouse click, and a flexibility-requiring three key combination. Some smart phones can be even worse. So yes, I can see how duplicating buttons in the SB user interface could be significantly more convenient for some people.

At the risk of turning this discussion practical again, in some situations, yes the home key is inconvenient. For example, looking at one netbook recently, it required moving the mouse pointer, a mouse click, and a flexibility-requiring three key combination. Some smart phones can be even worse. So yes, I can see how duplicating buttons in the SB user interface could be significantly more convenient for some people.

So we should change the layout of a website because a few folks are inconvienenced(SP)?

For the record I am one of those guys with a netbook that requires a 2 key combo to get home . . .

So we should change the layout of a website because a few folks are inconvienenced(SP)?

For the record I am one of those guys with a netbook that requires a 2 key combo to get home . . .

Mmmm . . . actually, this is a predominant software design element.

From the days of green and black text monitors, there are many people that are "keyboard bound", and don't use mice as much. They are masters of the <alt-F4>, <ctrl-x> ( & -c & -v & . . . ).

The "new" generation are "click bound", and use the mouse for everything.

Then you have the hybrids . . . one hand stays on the mouse and the other on thekeyboard.

Bottom line is that current web design has mirrored top and bottom links to be accommodating for their customers. Or, the "head" never drops off the page (think MS Word, etc).

And since this is the SUGGESTIONS forum, I can suggest anything, so there you have it!

Mmmm . . . actually, this is a predominant software design element.

From the days of green and black text monitors, there are many people that are "keyboard bound", and don't use mice as much. They are masters of the <alt-F4>, <ctrl-x> ( & -c & -v & . . . ).

The "new" generation are "click bound", and use the mouse for everything.

Then you have the hybrids . . . one hand stays on the mouse and the other on thekeyboard.

Bottom line is that current web design has mirrored top and bottom links to be accommodating for their customers. Or, the "head" never drops off the page (think MS Word, etc).

And since this is the SUGGESTIONS forum, I can suggest anything, so there you have it!

WOW, a history lesson, thanks! :D

I am a hybrid I guess :rofl3: I use ALT + TAB and ALT + F4 etc all the time

BTW having the header follow you down the page is just annoying :)

but I can see how having it at the bottom could be nice :D

Back
Top Bottom