Splash Down! Another Crazy Canuck!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Red

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Buffalo, NY formerly from Ontario, Canada
# of dives
500 - 999
Another Ontario Cold Water Diver Splashes Down!

A Dive buddy told me 'bout this board - we were out today in balmy Lake Simcoe doing the JC Morrison just off the beach of Barrie, Ontario, a mere 52 degrees. Air temp?
Brrrr sums it up nicely :eek:ut: -

Can't get enough diving??? - why not spend the rest of my time on line talking 'bout it :wink: Looking forward to meeting new buddies.

I chose my name to match my lush-ious red seaweed-like hair, just a shade off dive flag red... well almost :D. If you could see it you'd swear it was alive... it writhes in the water, and little fish love to play in :wink: - k I'm prone to exageration - watch out for that :D

C U

Greetings Chris Red,
Some of my best friends are crazy Canucks...heck I even married one.
We have lots of relatives in Victoria and travel there often.
Ever dive BC?

Edited 'cause I can't spell

Thanks for the Welcome Mech!

BC is on my "gotta do" list - which keeps growing.
Gotta try the diving off Vancouver Island - I hear Nanaimo is excellent, drift, kelp, giant Octopus...

How 'bout you? share a whale of a tail or two
:shamu: :shamu: ???

Chris I've been going to the Island for that last 20 years and kick myself in the butt for not learning to dive sooner.
I did spend near a week diving there a few months ago and got to interact with a giant octo.It was a good 10 foot and stayed near me for about 10 minutes just past the second bend of the Ogden Break Water.I can't wait to return.

Hey Chris, good to see you made it here. Just a little bigger than the other place, huh?

Just hope our night dive tomorrow won't turn into an ice dive by accident....

Hey Cardzard!

Wlo93 and I are off diving tonight - and I was thinking how lucky we were to have some excellent dives sites within an hour's drive... Eh?

The weatherman says it should be rainy and a mere 40 degrees - if we're lucky :eek: - the water will be warmer than that :wink:
I had to promise Wlo93 I'd bring a thermos or 2 of hot water for his wet suit. :wink:

Now I see you're from FLA! I'll just bet you can tell me a thing or two about convenient dive sites... and weather?
Cool photo, that's some amazing viz - are we on the same planet???? :hehe:

Hi! Welcome to the Board.

Diverlady

Back
Top Bottom