Spiegel Grove vs Eagle???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RamblinManta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Which would you dive? Only have one opportunity to dive while in Tavernier. Want to go out with Conch Republic. They're headed to Eagle for 2 dives on a Sunday...then SG and a reef on that following Monday.

Thoughts?

I don't think there's a bad choice to be made here, both are great wrecks and it make sense to dive the Eagle from Tavernier. However, I would not want to do 2 dives on the Eagle back to back. Most of the wreck can be easily seen in one dive.

The SG is like a potato chip, you can't have just one dive on her. You will have to plan a longer trip to the Keys and you can dive the Eagle then too.

Cheers!

I agree that both are good wrecks but if you have never been on the SG, that is the one I would choose just based on the shear wow factor of diving such a large upright wreck. When conditions are right, the SG is an awesome wreck that cannot be seen on one or two dives.

The Eagle on the other hand is smaller and can be explored on possibly one dive and most certainly with 2 IMO.

plus after a dip on the SG you then have the opportunity to dive a reef, probably molasses, conch or snapper ledge with CR. a lot more diversity for a 2 tank dive than doubling on the eagle or any wreck,

reefman
key largo

Thanks, everyone. Sounds like the SG trip is the one I should take. I plan to book today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom