Spiegel Grove Incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charlie99:
I sounds like the instructor bit off more than he could handle --- with the current ripping and you and your buddy getting separated from the others, there is no way he could ride herd on 3 customers + you.

From what I read, the instructor said that all the divers were supposed to meet at the bottom of the mooring line, but the instructor wasn't there when the OP and his buddy arrived at the bottom. I wonder what set of circumstances caused the instructor to abandon that plan?

From what I was able to gather, there wasn't anything specific; they just got down and bolted. They were able to see the goliath grouper and were chatting about that back on the boat. Frankly the instructor, who was a fairly young kid, seemed a little too cavilier with his briefing and he gave off that laid back surfer vibe which is entertaining coming from a DM (i.e. Dre at Horizon-great dude) but does not inspire confidence coming from the instructor, IMO.

I thought right away that the shop was trying to go on the cheap by collecting $30 from my bud and having the instructor, who had to check out two students doubling up as a "guide".

Back
Top Bottom