SPIEGEL GROVE dives, friday, 8/21/15, pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
reports indicated the glass minnows were in abundance on SG this week and dive operator schedules showed few morning trips(keys reef crawl Thursday thru sunday ), so we headed out for a double this AM. sun/clouds/a few storms, southeast wind <10kts, seas 1-2+FT. buoy SG5, starboard aft crane. particulate blue/green visibility 40-50FT, zero surface current, light tidal flow on the wreck, water temp 86F @ 60-95FT. ship nearly to ourselves and the glass minnow's were as advertised. multiple minnow schools(the most iv'e ever observed on the SG) and numerous predators. action packed dives,,,,,,,,pics from TIMG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• sg1.jpg
    sg1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 150
  • sg2.jpg
    sg2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 138
  • sg3.jpg
    sg3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 140
  • sg4.jpg
    sg4.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 121
  • sg5.jpg
    sg5.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 112
  • sg6.jpg
    sg6.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 112
  • sg7.jpg
    sg7.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 104
  • sg8.jpg
    sg8.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 113
  • sg9.jpg
    sg9.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 111
  • sg10.jpg
    sg10.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 124
  • sg11.jpg
    sg11.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 107
  • sg12.jpg
    sg12.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 116
  • sg13.jpg
    sg13.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 117
  • sg14.jpg
    sg14.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 114
  • sg15.jpg
    sg15.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 110
reports indicated the glass minnows were in abundance on SG this week and dive operator schedules showed few morning trips(keys reef crawl Thursday thru sunday ), so we headed out for a double this AM.
Such brilliant logic! Looks like a great time. I would REALLY be enjoying that 86 degree water temperature... As always, great pics Tim!

Such brilliant logic! Looks like a great time. I would REALLY be enjoying that 86 degree water temperature... As always, great pics Tim!

Thank you CajunDiva.

Great pictures :)

I will be diving the SG in October, for the first time...really looking forward to it.

I will be diving the SG in October, for the first time...really looking forward to it.

Thank you Tony387. You will enjoy it, great dive, you will need several dives to get a good feel for it.

Enjoy Tony...she's quite impressive!

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. I need to check Key Largo sooner than later.

Thank you THRASH. Spiegel Grove is always a great dive. The bonus right now is the wall of minnows. Massive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom