SPGs on CCRs

What sort of tank pressure monitoring system do you use on your CCR?

• Stock SPGs, Front Mounted

Votes: 35 53.0%
  • Stock SPGs, Back Mounted

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Wireless transmitters

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Wireless transmitters and SPGs

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Button SPGs

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • None

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Other aftermarket SPGs

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know, come to think of it, 99% of my leaks in the past 25 years of diving have been spg spools.

You know, come to think of it, 99% of my leaks in the past 25 years of diving have been spg spools.

OT Alert!

And yet some people who use AI keep arguing with me that it makes sense to also have an SPG on their OC reg sets... *sigh*

Yeah, same here, have had several HP hose / spool leaks.

Of course, the difference is that some of us find WAI unreliable. Maybe that's old news, maybe they have gotten better, but the last time I used it, I lost the link frequently. And I wasn't alone in posting about that.

On the other hand, a HP hose leak is not a significant source of gas loss like an LP leak, so I wouldn't switch to WAI just to remove the HP hose failure point.

The new shearwater has been working well for me. The loss of gas isn't what bothers me. Hearing the bubbles for hours on end during deco drives me nuts.

The new shearwater has been working well for me. The loss of gas isn't what bothers me. Hearing the bubbles for hours on end during deco drives me nuts.

That's where my high frequency sensorineural hearing loss comes in handy. Of course, I can't hear my solenoid either. Gotta rig something up that pokes me in the back of the head every time it fires...

That's where my high frequency sensorineural hearing loss comes in handy. Of course, I can't hear my solenoid either. Gotta rig something up that pokes me in the back of the head every time it fires...

You could just get a rEvo, so there's (practically) no solenoid noise to hear in the first place... :wink:

What annoys me more is getting all the bottles to the water, gearing up and getting hot in the florida sun in my drysuit just to wander down to the water and have champagne bubbles. Then I gotta do everything in reverse to replace the spool. In OW, I'd just ignore it. In a cave I'd be a stroke if I did if it happened pre-dive.

Back
Top Bottom