Speigel Grove trip in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LavaSurfer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello All

I am journeying to Key Largo in July for a dive trip on the Spiegel Grove.
I want to make this more than just a dive trip I would also like it to become a learning experience there are two of us doing the trip and it’s a birthday present from our wives.

My questions

1-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]What kind of specialty training would be easily done in 4-5 days and reap the most reward? I have considered PADI Wreck Specialty but for some reason this seem redundant unless I can get some penetration and real experience as I did wreck in my advanced class and it was fairly superficial.
2-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]What are a few of the good operators that come recommended from you all being that you live in the region?

Thanks in advance
Scooter

El Orans:

That might be an option. It looks to be a great weekend and the one I was coming down on.

Now, The training question. Worth it, Not worth it.
It would require some class work first and then 4 training dives.

I am not looking to pay more for a new flavor of C-Card.
I really want to learn something I can use.

I hear good things about Conch Republic Divers and Blue Water Divers. But I'd suggest contacting them to see what they do with the Wreck specialty.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom