Speigal Grove, Whats the depth of the deck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am heading to the Keys this weekend and have a dive planned on the Grove on Sat. I have not dove it since it has set upright and was wondering what the depth of the main deck is now?

herman:
I am heading to the Keys this weekend and have a dive planned on the Grove on Sat. I have not dove it since it has set upright and was wondering what the depth of the main deck is now?

I think the main deck is about 100', the landing ship dock deck is 120'.

Thanks. I hope the current is down as well. I have heard they can get bad but the last time I was there it was dead still and the water was gin clear. Really cool doing a 130ft "free fall".

My most memorable "free fall" was onto the thunderbolt with the deck at 120fsw.
Water as blue as blue can be not a current to be felt and wreck was in sight almost
immediately after beginning descent, one of those sweet moments...

I had nearly identical conditions. There was no current, and viz was great!! Descending down the anchor line, at about 50', the boat materializes out of the gloom... It's so eerie and so beautiful... And yeah, long descents RULE! It's just a fantastic feeling!

We didn't have any current until our last safety stop, and then everyone went perpendicular to the anchor line. WHOOSH!!! It was kind of funny.

My avatar photo was taken over the deck. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom