Specific questions about Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all of these. It seems pretty much in line with what I expected. I should add that I will be taking a nauticam with a Z7 and i am attracted to the thought of floating around at 25/30 ft with macro lenses on for 2-3 hours :) but I’m not going to expect it to be as spectacular as Indonesian/Philippines/Red Sea (the bits without trash and hundreds of divers at once) etc.

Great reviews all. Thanks again!

Camera rinse?
At home we take about 3 gallons of water in plastic jugs and put them in a waterproof soft case. After the dive we can rinse them immediately, then do a more thorough rinse at home.
With the heat and dry air in Bonaire it would seem like a really good idea to do that, especially for more distant sites. I think the soft cooler we have would immediately disappear, it's fairly nice.
Anyone have a successful way to accomplish a rinse without the theft issue?

Camera rinse?
At home we take about 3 gallons of water in plastic jugs and put them in a waterproof soft case. After the dive we can rinse them immediately, then do a more thorough rinse at home.
With the heat and dry air in Bonaire it would seem like a really good idea to do that, especially for more distant sites. I think the soft cooler we have would immediately disappear, it's fairly nice.
Anyone have a successful way to accomplish a rinse without the theft issue?
We just took a couple of gallon jugs of fresh water (and recycled those jugs by refilling from the tap. Bonaire tap water is safe to drink BTW) to rinse down the camera gear immediately after the dive. Those were never taken, and even if they were, trivial to replace. The jugs just sit out in the open in the back of the pickup.

We just took a couple of gallon jugs of fresh water (and recycled those jugs by refilling from the tap. Bonaire tap water is safe to drink BTW) to rinse down the camera gear immediately after the dive. Those were never taken, and even if they were, trivial to replace. The jugs just sit out in the open in the back of the pickup.

You just poured it over, no soak?
The jugs would work. We've used 2L pop bottles for personal rinses before. Some kind of tub that is not desirable for theft would suffice. Not sure what that would be yet. Would prefer not to add to the plastic or Styrofoam mess like a cheap cooler with something discarded after only 2 weeks use.

You just poured it over, no soak?
The jugs would work. We've used 2L pop bottles for personal rinses before. Some kind of tub that is not desirable for theft would suffice. Not sure what that would be yet. Would prefer not to add to the plastic or Styrofoam mess like a cheap cooler with something discarded after only 2 weeks use.
Yup, we just poured it over slowly. Then at the end of the day we did let it soak in our rinsetank (just a large cement tub in the shower stall) with the rest of the gear for an hour or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom