Special on BP/Wing combos. #18 #23 or #35 lift.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I apologize, I've been having trouble keeping up with demand this season. Manufacturer is shipping more #18's and #23's on Thursday so I should have them in the website store late next week. Thank you

I apologize, I've been having trouble keeping up with demand this season. Manufacturer is shipping more #18's and #23's on Thursday so I should have them in the website store late next week. Thank you

Looking forward!!! Also when will the DIR Harness be back in stock? :)

Also when will the DIR Harness be back in stock?

A better deal is the Argonaut Plate Harness assembly Store | Vintage Double Hose because it has a few extra slides you may (or may not) want to use or put into a save-a-dive kit. Also, no struggling with the silly, useless, brass grommet situated in the webbing right where you don't need it. This is especially true if you're using a single tank plate.

A better deal is the Argonaut Plate Harness assembly Store | Vintage Double Hose because it has a few extra slides you may (or may not) want to use or put into a save-a-dive kit. Also, no struggling with the silly, useless, brass grommet situated in the webbing right where you don't need it. This is especially true if you're using a single tank plate.

Thanks for the tip! Just wondering what would @Bryan@Vintage Double Hose recommend for the Freedom plate?

Bryan does not dive a Freedom Plate nor does he sell them (but we're working on him.) I dive one and use a one piece, 2 inch wide stiff webbing. However, the authority is @Eric Sedletzky who makes them.

You will find a few ideas in this thread:
The new Freedom Contour - The Rolex of backplates.

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with the VHD plate which is sold at a more competitive price and like the FP is designed for single tank diving. If you get the plate, wing, VDH harness and a couple of cambands you'll be set.

Bryan does not dive a Freedom Plate nor does he sell them (but we're working on him.) I dive one and use a one piece, 2 inch wide stiff webbing. However, the authority is @Eric Sedletzky who makes them.

You will find a few ideas in this thread:
The new Freedom Contour - The Rolex of backplates.

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with the VHD plate which is sold at a more competitive price and like the FP is designed for single tank diving. If you get the plate, wing, VDH harness and a couple of cambands you'll be set.

Couv,

I've recently gotten my hands on the Freedom Plate, hence I am still looking out for ideas for the webbing. After searching around, I was set on building the entire harness assembly with parts purchased from DGX. Upon your recommendation of the Argonaut Harness Assembly, I just wanted to be sure that I could use that on the Freedom plates.

P/S: I'm waiting on 29th August to get my hands on two of the wings :p

Yes, the VDH harness will work well the the FP; better than the DIR harness from Bryan or DGX harness with the brass eye in the middle. If you go the DGX route, get the stiff webbing or the "Goldie Locks" webbing which is a little more pliable.

Yes, the VDH harness will work well the the FP; better than the DIR harness from Bryan or DGX harness with the brass eye in the middle. If you go the DGX route, get the stiff webbing or the "Goldie Locks" webbing which is a little more pliable.

Thanks for all the help Couv! Really appreciate it.

I will check out the Argonaut harness assembly and contrast it to that of the stiff webbing from DGX. I plan to get the raw webbing and do up the entire harness myself, so I believe the brass eyes would not be a problem (it was actually the main problem with offerings out in the market).

Any idea when the wings will be back in stock? Looking for the 35. Been waiting for these .. but will need to go with something else soon.

Back
Top Bottom