Speargun rack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a dive buddy that took 4' of what I think is 18" diameter PVC and fitted a wood plug into the bottom. Cut outs in the side of the pvc allow it to air out and for water to drain. Usually holds two guns. Twin bungees hold it in place in a corner of the deck. I can try to get more info if you need it. The rig sits upright and the spearguns are inserted spear down. We have been using it for about 10 years.

---Bob

I have a 19', center consol and bungee the guns to the top of my gunnels.(only practical bungee use oops) Seriously it works fine, looks cool too. Just use a couple of shorter bungees on each gun. Freshest fish is speared fish!

WreckHunter:
Thanks Reefguy. I am also a member of spearboard. That is where I got some good pictures of a rack like Spearfishing Specialities makes. I wonder how many of us are members of both forums?

I have made some racks, and have a cut sheet and a CAD drawing, PM me through Spearboard and I will send it to you.

i would stow ur spearguns, just to air on the safe side, otherwise, a few peices of plywood and a few bungie cords should do it.

I'm trying to figure this out too. My boat (22 foot center console) is single wall so drilling holes through the side to mount PVC or a clamp isn't something I want. I was thinking of shaping a couple lumps of fiberglass, stick them to the inside wall under the gunnel (sp?) and putting a velcro strap through two steel rings set in the glass to tie around the gun. I was thinking on top of the gunnel but it would be in the way if I was pole fishing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom