Spearfishing Tournament

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the great info. Hopefully I'll see some of you during these events. I also wanted to let people know about the Alabama Open Spearfishing Tournament. It's the first weekend in June.
back40

I wish the AL Open would go back to the last weekend in May like it used to be. Then you could shoot it on your way to the Hell Diver Rodeo, the first weekend in June. Following that is the new Top Gun freediving tourney in Key West on June 10-12. That would be one a week for a whole month!

It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.

Chad

Nikki, the SBO actually hit over over $30,000 last year. I won't be surprised if it's not the largest in the world next year.

I'd MUCH rather be conservative in estimating what tourneys have than over-represent what they had...$30K is VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! Scott, the SBO tournament organizer, has kicked some serious contributors up to the plate to do that in only TWO YEARS!!! Funny thing is - now, when I look at the local hook-n-line tourneys that say $2,000 or $5,000 in prizes, I wonder why they bother to enter - LOL - comparing what we have in our spearo tourneys here in FL - we got it real good!!! Then again, any excuse for a good day on the water works for me - LOL - even if the outcome is just a pretty shell! :) :palmtree: :dance:

SBO also had the BBQ and adult and other libations included in the price of the entry.

It's tough to beat the comraderie at the SBO as well. It's essentially a weekend long spearfishing party.

Looking forward to May. Nikki (Tropical Diver) organized the roster for our team last night at the MBHC meeting - we'll be diving off a 34' Fitz, very cool.

Thanks for the positive comments about the Spearboard Open. The 2005 Spearboard Open website has been updated with the Rules, Registration Form, and Waiver for 2005. It'll be another great prize table, and I look forward to seeing everyone again!

www.spearboardopen.com

THanx Scott,you da man.Hope to have some serious East Coast representation.

Hey Tony, should be more and more east siders. There was a good turn-out last year, but I hear teams are forming early. Heck, I even gave the JAX people flounder in the new rules (used to be hogfish catagory, now it's "hogfish/flounder"). So, regardless of geographical area, unless someone decides to do a lake dive, you should be able to fill every catagory. I think the flounder will help the LA and Panhandle guys, too.

10-4.We are joining 2 teams this year to get the best shot at the boat prize 2.Last year I had me and another shooter with a fisherman/captain/anchor wench.His first drop on my #1 spot netted him a 26# genuine before I could get geared up and dive the spot :profile: .Rules definitely are going to increase the competability of a greater number of divers.
I didn't know Jax had flounder :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom