Spearfishing in NJ buddy needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah not going to the quarry is like a badge to some.:D
I like it (quarry)for the checking out the rig before boat dives. sometimes I get to the pool to do this. I have an hour plus drive to the boat I usually go out on and arriving with bunk gear is a bummer! I also carry checked out spares. I will be trying to get there (Dutch April 2?) opening day with my nephew.
See you topside! John

OK.

I am going to get an email list together soon and maybe have a group of us get together at Dutch.

I would love to have enough interested, safe, divers that I can make it out a lot this summer.

Custom ladder - ordered. (should make reboarding a lot easier than last year)

Now I need to get the boat ready and install some tank holders in the cockpit.
I am easy just a spot to hold an 80

I can often make it on weekdays as well.

I live 20 min away - but dont go there all that often as most of the guys that I dive NJ with wont touch the quarry.....

I end up at Dutch with my wife (if I can convince her) or with the LDS when they are doing check outs.

I am trying a few new gear configs and will likely dive dutch more this year than the last few -
great training and gear rinsing spot. I am 30 minutes from dutch about an hour from most NJ dive boats so not bad on both ends. I have hit dutch up the afternoon of diving off the coast, kind of amusing to do that

I am easy just a spot to hold an 80

There is an area on the boat that is out of the way that I think I am rigging up with the roll control brackets (adjustable so they should fit any size tank, and Im also getting the doubles adapters) ) and I think I can fit 12-16 tanks. They are in shade from the bridge and completely out of the way from the main cockpit.

Your 80 will fit nicely!

There is an area on the boat that is out of the way that I think I am rigging up with the roll control brackets (adjustable so they should fit any size tank, and Im also getting the doubles adapters) ) and I think I can fit 12-16 tanks. They are in shade from the bridge and completely out of the way from the main cockpit.

Your 80 will fit nicely!

cool the double 23s should have little problem :D

Guys,

If you were in this thread and interested in Diving in NJ - and maybe at Dutch, please send me your email address and name and I will send out a few emails.

I need a way to get in touch with everyone when we are looking to go out.

I just sent you a PM. Let me know if you did not get it. I don't know why but it's not showing up on my sent messages for some reason.

thanks!

Guys,

If you were in this thread and interested in Diving in NJ - and maybe at Dutch, please send me your email address and name and I will send out a few emails.

I need a way to get in touch with everyone when we are looking to go out.

I would be interested. I should be at Dutch on April 2. I live in Hatfield and have a mobile home in Dennisville. I got certified this past November but did my first open water dive in Bermuda in 2004 (Discover Scuba). I was planning on doing some shore diving this year around the Deauville Inn in Strathmere and maybe some pole spear fishing. I will send you my email address.

Bill

Dive platform and ladder installed.

Custom stainless platform with fiberglass grate -Stainless ladder goes over 4 feet underwater.

I still need to add some transom reinforcement - but that will be done in the next 2 weeks.

Cool thing is that I can easily remove and install this platform and ladder from the cockpit for better fishing access.

Platform is 36" wide by 26" deep.

Attachments

• platform4.jpg
    platform4.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 53
  • platform3.jpg
    platform3.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 46
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom