Spear rebounds into diver's head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to hear he's OK. I saw this on Yahoo news this morning also.
I'm trying to get a mental picture of how this happened. He must have been using a shorter gun and pulled the gun stock back behind him while looking into a hole, placing the tip of the spear near his ear or somewhere? This way the spear could have deflected off a rock. I can't see how a shaft could bounce back, turn 180 degrees and hit him.

There was a follow-up interview with him in this morning's local paper. He said it was a complete rebound. Maybe it didn't turn 180 degrees. Looking at the image you can see the corrugations - it's just a length of construction steel and not a commercial spear. It could be that what lodged in his head was the tail end after it bent and flicked back.

Wow. I'm not a spaer-fisher. Does a spear actually generate enforce force to penetrate a skull?
Definitely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom