SPEAR GUN (Air or Bands?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

STR8SHOOTR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
What's up Divers??

I'm in the market for a Spear-Gun and don't have a clue what to buy. I've been looking at both guns, air and bands but can't make a decision on which one to purchase. I know there's alot of diver's on this site with way more experience than I have and i'm hopeing U can help.

Thanks and Happy Diving!

The Freedive Shop annual sale ended last week. Cannot beat the deals on spearguns during their sale. Check out Mako Spearguns for ideas. If you have better the 15' vis in your area then a band gun is probably the way to go. Probably best to post or search SpearBoard Florida section.

Old ones of both denomination are nice to collect and place on the wall of your scuba shack

Bands, for sure

I'd recommend a band(s) gun. Gun length, spear diameter, single band vs. double band, band diameter will largely depend on the visibility in your area.
As was mentioned, join "spear board" or "deeper blue". You'll find a lot of good information there.

-Mitch

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it

Bands. Make sure you can cock it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom