Speaking of strobes....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10X

Reaction score
I was just reading on another thread, where strobes were mentioned and thought I'd ask for some suggestions.

I have an Olympus C5050, PT-15 housing, 1GB compact flash card. I have taken some pictures with this setup in freshwater here in Michigan and have been pleased with the pictures. However, strobes are frequently mentioned as a way to enhance your photos, particularly in deeper water. The problem is, I don't know anything about them. Probably, less than that.

I don't have a clue what to look for and whether or not the strobes would be compatible with my camera.

I have two UW photography classes this week with my LDS, in preparation for my trip to Hawaii, 1/24/04. Maybe I'll learn a little more there.

Any suggestions ref strobes?

I am using the Inon D-180 with my Oly C4000Z and PT-010 housing. The strobe is fired by the cameras flash via a fiber optic cable that is attached to the housing on one end and the strobe head on the other. A small section of dark film type material is placed over the cameras flash (inside the housing) to subdue the cameras flash and convert it to an infrared light. It is a powerful yet compact strobe that uses 4 AA batteries same as your camera which is convenient when using re-chargeables. The device is the same for your 5050. This is just to give you a suggestion on one of the options. Click on "my camera setup" link below to view it.

Back
Top Bottom