Speaking of Spring Straps...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So I've installed Scubaroo's spring straps on my Atomic Fins.

Wonderful devices...love them.

Getting them on - I don't love them so much.

Is there a tip you can share for rolling these on over my rock boots easier (aside from the obligatory "dump the Atomic fins and get real fins...")

Honestly, they're a bear to get on. My glove finger tips get stuck, I get pinched, etc. Where I LOVE them is getting them off. On a rolling swimstep they just roll of the back of the heel....I'm out of them in nothing flat while everyone else is struggling with clips & buckles.

Any tips? I've taken to practicing donning them between dives to get better. I've thought about a small piece of webbing to pull them on, etc.

They're not too tight - I mean, there's room to move, etc.

Appreciate your constructive input.

K

Hmm. I have them on my Turtles, but the fin shouldn't make any difference. If you can take them off okay, then I would suggest you make sure your foot is all the way in the pocket when you put them on. I know with my Blades, my drysuit boot gets cocked a little and my foot will not go in all the way.

If you still have a problem, I would probably disagree that they are not too tight.

MD

Mo2vation once bubbled...

Honestly, they're a bear to get on. My glove finger tips get stuck, I get pinched, etc.

Does your spring straps have the clear nylong tubing over them? Sounds like they dont if you are getting pinched etc. If not, you might try adding it...

Back
Top Bottom