SP MK25/600TI vs Atomic B2 vs ........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How did your B2 perform compared to ST1, Z2 and M1 and why couldn't you use the B2 with DPV's ?
The B2 was fine. The faceplate cover of the M1 is designed to be using in high current to prevent free flow. It was also considered a cold water regulator with the Monel piston and sealing. I much prefer a sealed first stage although the servicing is more expensive due to the process and material cost to seal the first stage

I would think you would be very happy with a sealed B2 or any of the regs mentioned. The B2 gets excellent reviews. One thing to remember is the Atomics have a seat saver in their regulator so you either rinse them off in freshwater or soak and rinse under pressure. When I don't have a tank to rinse under pressure I will always make sure I keep the first stage higher than the second so water doesnt go into the first stage

How did your B2 perform compared to ST1, Z2 and M1 and why couldn't you use the B2 with DPV's ?

I dont' know why you can't use a B2 w/a DPV. The B2 purge button mirrors that of the T3, ST1 and is very similar to the Z2/Z3. The M1 has holes on the sides. Perhaps this makes it less susceptible to freeflowing at high speeds (either from water flow or DPV speeds). B2 is my 50% deco reg. Kicked and been on trigger with it many times w/o any problems.

Went from Atomic to SP and am back on Atomic. I find them easier to breathe, both in terms of initiating and maintaining air flow. Also, the venturi knob is difficult to rotate with dry or thick wet gloves. Mind you, I don't want to give the impression that the difference is huge. It isn't. However, it's there nonetheless.

Got rid of the Z2 and M1 second stages after I found the Zirconium plating flaking off from the inside of the barrel. Switched everything to the titanium air barrels. Yes, super picky and borderline goofy of me to do this...

Plan on doing a lot more diving and I am updating my reg as my current Agualung Titan is going to be used as a backup/spare or for son's girlfriend.

Looking at the SP MK25/600TI and the Atomic B2.
My main concern is the BEST BREATHER.

If I have to pay a couple bucks more or less per year to service that fine.

I am not planning on diving cold water however who knows what opportunity could present it self.

I would like to stay around 1500 or under for 1st, 2nd and octo.

There is a shop which offers excellent service on ALL brands not that far way from me so all is good.

Looking for reasons to choose one over the other or another brand/model altogether..

Thanks in advance
I service both and both breathe about the same. I do like the ability to service a regulator whose IP is able to be adjusted by a screw rather than shims so I would go with the SP Mk25... But again, both regs are great! I do like Atomic's no-nonsense approach to their regulators though...

I would take a look at @rrthrelfall
Atomics Aquatics T2 that was just posted and get it serviced to a T2x.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom