SP Jets v. OMS Slipstreams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Splitlip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have experience with both?
OMS are lighter and not as negative as Jets I understand. I might like that, but they are composite of some sort, maybe stiffer?
I am wondering if someone could shed light on the Slipstream's performance compared to the Jets.
Thanks.

I've held the OMS slipstreams in my hands, but haven't had them in the water. They are stiffer than my jets, which have been my fin of choice for the last 11 years now, and maybe half the weight. The material feels like it won't crack like the jets tend to after a few years (I'm on pair 4), but that may be wishful thinking. If only I could rationalize dropping $80 on a pair....

I have the OMS fins I LOVE THEM. I tryed turtle fins and jet and the oms were my choice. they are light in the water but not bad as some make them out to be.

I am interested in these as well. Anybody know about the sizing? My large Jets are just a tad small for me. The XL is also a tad too big. I could get thick soled booties but the XL is also 2 inches longer than the large. I like the small fin.

I'll let you know on the Slipstreams, just bought a pair, won't be able to test then out til the 10th though

. .

Back
Top Bottom