SP Jets and size 9 Rock Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cnidae

Reaction score
Will I have any luck fitting size 9 rock boots in to XL SP Jets?

Thanks

I dove a borrowed DUI TLS drysuit with size 10 rockboots and they fit into my extra large Jet Fins.

They were a little tight, but workable. IMO size 9 should be no problem.

Cave Diver once bubbled...
I dove a borrowed DUI TLS drysuit with size 10 rockboots and they fit into my extra large Jet Fins.

They were a little tight, but workable. IMO size 9 should be no problem.

Ask Mo2vation about that...I seem to recall he had some problems...if you do a search on the terms I'm sure it'll pop-up...

I dive XL Jets with size 9 regular drysuit boots no problem for what it's worth.

I have a set of size 10 rockboots and they just fit in my XL Jet fins.

I intend to find out how workable they are in a dive tomorow, Turtles have HUGE pockets, and I'd rather be able to use the Jets.

I agree with Cave Diver, it's likely that size 9 rockboots will work with the Jets.

This is cut directly from Mo2vation's thread called "I learned sooooo much today":

Turtle Fins - I am SOOOO BUMMED. I am in that nebulous no-man's land of in-between acceptable foot sizes. It sucks. A size 9 DUI Rock Boot is too large for an XL ScubaPro jet fin, and just too small for a Turtle. There is some wobble - it’s not significant, but it’s noticeable. Its bugging me. I either ditch the rock boots, and go to Turbo Soles and ScubaPro Jets, or I get used to the small fin shifting. MEMO TO ALL: Turtles are probably great from size 10 - 12+....if you're an 8 or 9 Rock Boot, stop kidding yourself...they're too big.

I then did a search for "Jet Fins Rock Boots" and found several posts which totally countered this with guys wearing up to size 10.5 rockboots and having them fit perfectly...

Sorry for the misdirect...I guess it's best to check the fin with your boots to confirm for yourself a yea or nay.

I use XL jet fins with size 12 rock boots. I hit the fins with silicone spray once in a while. Silicone works wonders. The boots slip right in. I recently switched over to the size 12's from size 13's, which also worked but were a bit on the tight side. I will post some pics tomorrow.

to mo2vation

how do you reconcile his inability to use size 9 rockboots with xl jets and all the others who say you can can???

are there different lots of jets that may size differently?

i'll have to have my lds get some in rather than ordering blind on the net or ebay

dt

Here's a pic of a size 13 rock boot in an XL jet fin. I wear thick wool socks, too. Since this pic I have installed spring straps. I also bought and tested turtles and there is no question these are much less fuss with the large boots. I just happen to like the fact that the jets are a tad stiffer than the turtles -- somehow this feels better when I do the frog kick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom