SP jet fins, old vs new????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a chance to buy some SP jet fins that are pre 80s mane from pure rubber unlike the new ones. Anyone use both? Which is better? Thanks

Never mind, I bought new.

I have a pair of the old ones, purchased in 1970, and a pair of the new ones, purchased in 1999. The old ones might be a little (very little) softer but it's almost impossible to distinguish a difference between them. Except for the lightening bolt.

I seen Japan SP Jet Rivo is different with original, anyone experiences it:popcorn:
1.jpg

Talking to the Okinawans here that has the Jet fin Revo's, they said it's pretty good. I personally haven't tried them myself but listening to these guys, I might have to break down a get a pair.

Jason Ooi:
I seen Japan SP Jet Rivo is different with original, anyone experiences it:popcorn:
1.jpg
I never saw anyone wearing them in Okinawa , but they looked like at nice design when i checked them out at sea and surf .

Can these be found in the US? Similar to Jet Fins...foot pockets, swimming characteristics,etc.?

Randy

kidspot:
First a BP, now Jet fins? ... the dark side is calling eh?
It's a dark and expensive mistress........

reefraff:
I have a pair of the old ones, purchased in 1970, and a pair of the new ones, purchased in 1999. The old ones might be a little (very little) softer but it's almost impossible to distinguish a difference between them. Except for the lightening bolt.

Which ones have the lightning bolt?

jrk:
Can these be found in the US? Similar to Jet Fins...foot pockets, swimming characteristics,etc.?

Randy
Randy, Scubapro Rivo Jet fin is for Japan market, I already check with Hong Kong dealer, need special order price concerned more expensive. :popcorn:
Maybe you can try get in US.:)

Back
Top Bottom