SP - Convert Yoke to DIn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SP sells DIN fittings for them and dealers seem to charge about $60. If you buy from a dealer, installation is free.

Trident sells one for a dealer cost of about $30.00.

Changing one yourself requires a 1" yoke nut socket to remove the yoke and then a suitably sized allen head socket to properly torque the DIN retainer.

The cost of the tools to do the job right makes it cheaper to just spend the $60 to buy one from a dealer andhave them install it.

DA Aquamaster:
Trident sells one for a dealer cost of about $30.00.

DA, where can we get the Trident one at $30? I mean a regular customer, not you!

The quoted price from the LDS was $56....

$30.00 is the dealer cost. $56.00 does seem like a pretty healthy markup, especially if you are special ordering, they don't have to stock the item, and you can wait until they have a large order to split the shipping cost several ways.

DA Aquamaster:
$30.00 is the dealer cost. $56.00 does seem like a pretty healthy markup, especially if you are special ordering, they don't have to stock the item, and you can wait until they have a large order to split the shipping cost several ways.

If then, there is no hope for me. Everything is a special order in my area...:06:

In the viewpoint of a regular customer, the delaer price doesn't mean anything.

I am not sure how many LDS have Trident DIN in stock though.

Let's assume that your LDS add $15 plus the dealer cost, It would be $45.

With that price range, the regular customer had better get $49 SP genuine DIN kit from LP. I am sure my LDS lost one sale on this item...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom