Sp-550

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halthron

Contributor
Reaction score
I understand the housing isn't out yet.

I'm looking at this camera and while I know no one here has tested it underwater yet, I was wondering what owners thought of its possible use underwater. For instance, do you believe the long RAW storage times will cause you not to use that mode very often? What other flaws/benefits are you seeing that you expect will crop up underwater?

I've seen the reviews but none of the reviewers claims to have any experience with UW photography.

I'd like a good on-land camera, one with an UW housing and one that does RAW but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on a DSLR yet. I figured this was half a step in that direction since the housing would require an external strobe. And, this was the only compact with a housing with RAW and a good zoom (land again) that I was able to find.

If you're looking at the Oly housing it doesn't look like it can take macro/WA lenses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom