sp-350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...This thread was lost when the SB server crashed about a year and a half ago. Admin must have recovered it. There is a lot of good stuff about My Modes and such....
Woohoo! That is great news since there is much good information here I used to make reference to before dive trips to refresh my knowledge (since my SP-350 is not my regular above water camera). It is good to have this valuable resource back online. I still have my "flood insurance" in its unopened box awaiting future use. New old stock went for around $200 when they were discontinued. You should be able to get refurbs for less than that now.

Good thread, long, a lot of info.

Question; What is a good underwater wide angle lens for this camera and housing?

I have had the SP350 for a couple of years now and have been using it in the auto mode for my above water pic and have only had it in the water three times. I recently purchased a new digital sealife strobe and would like to get a WA lens before my trips to NC in the spring. I need some time to practice and am looking to get into taking more underwater photos.

Thanks!

Good thread, long, a lot of info.

Question; What is a good underwater wide angle lens for this camera and housing?

I have had the SP350 for a couple of years now and have been using it in the auto mode for my above water pic and have only had it in the water three times. I recently purchased a new digital sealife strobe and would like to get a WA lens before my trips to NC in the spring. I need some time to practice and am looking to get into taking more underwater photos.

Thanks!

I use a Inon UWL-100 Wide Conversion Lens

Inon America is no longer in business, but have seen that lens - nice.

I have seen two others online - Fantasea & Epoque - any pros/cons?

Call Ryan @ Reef Photo... 877.453.8927 they might still have.... it's still listed on their website....

I love my Inon UWL-100.....sooooo sad they are not in business any more, the mounting system is so easy for underwater use...

Not exactly.. Inon (in Japan) has decided to go direct to customers vs selling through the middle man which was Inon America. Inon America has a statement on their site explaining all this.

Still though.. I would be hard pressed to support Inon as a product if they didn't have a US distributor to handle things so you won't be seeing any Inon purchases from me.

I love my Inon UWL-100.....sooooo sad they are not in business any more, the mounting system is so easy for underwater use...

I love my UFL-165AD fisheye. It allowed me to get closer and therefore get better lighting from my strobe. I also use the AD mount which allows me to switch WA to macro lenses under water. Checkout the pix below which I took with the fisheye lens.

I'm writing a review of the Inon attachment lenses soon. Btw Inon America went out of business, not Inon. You can still get Inon stuff from ReefPhoto (where I got mine). Kinda dumb move for Inon, to leave customers hanging, they have great products.

Eddy.

ps. More pix with the Inon lenses on Wakatobi/Bali (UW) - a set on Flickr

Attachments

• P4103487-14.jpg
    P4103487-14.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 85

Back
Top Bottom