South Tour in early March 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Premo83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I’m looking to go to the Maldives in early March 2016 and I have an offer for a 11 day liveaboard tour on the Capre Diem. The route is Addu - Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Laamu - Thaa -Meemu - Vaavu - North Male. I have never been to the Maldives so I have no idea if this tour is any good this time of the year. I would love to see many sharks and from what I read the south is the place to go, still I’m unsure. Maybe someone has done this tour or parts of it and can tell me more about it. Also has anyone been on the capre diem? Any advice is appreciated.

I did an early March 2015 trip from Meemu - Thaa - Laamu, return (not on the Carpe Diem). Trip was 14 days. The diving was fantastic with many many Grey Reef Sharks and good fish populations. ~90% of the dives were channel dives on the incoming, ocean side currents. I believe March is the prime time for such currents. Your trip is 3 days shorter and covers a much longer distance. When we found a productive location we would stay put and dive it multiple times and revisit great sites on the return journey. I suspect your trip may not be able to be as flexible.

If you like sharks, then the south itinerary is for you! Do you have a reef hook?

I was on the Carpe Vita, the sister ship to Carpe Diem. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom