South east Thailand/ close to BK divespots/ live-a-board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sonar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I am going to Birma in July and want to end my trip with some diving in Thailand. We fly back from BK so I am looking for a place that is good to reach from there, preferable without flying. I don't want to go to the Koh Tao- area (been there before) and understood that the Similans are 'closed' due bad weather. Pattaya is not my kind of place..

I am not sure how much time we will have once there since it will pbb depend on the reliability of the Birmese car park but my guess is 3 to 7 days. Basically we are looking for a nice small backpack kinda place with nice beaches, some bars and decent to good diving. My mate wants to do his OW, I just want to dive..

A budget live-a-board would be most awesome but I get the idea that's not the right area/ time.

Basically I am asking; what are good dive spots in July at max 6H driving from BK?

Thx in advance :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom