South Broward, Florida, Beach Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi there, I'm in South Broward and I'm looking for beach dive buds who are fit, comfortable and self-sufficient. I've been beach diving down here for 25 years and I like to swim waaaaaaaaaay out to the good reefs, and I particularly like to swim back to the beach with a bag o' bugs when they are in season. Of course I enjoy boat diving too; just returned from a week long trip to San Salvador, Bahamas.

~ Debby Diver

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Hiya Debbie!
There are a bunch of beach divers here! Hopefully we will meet up soon to do some diving. Maybe this weekend?

WoW! "...fit, comfortable and self-sufficient..", "...been beach diving down here for 25 years and I like to swim waaaaaaaaaay out..."

I am 37 yro, started diving in 1982 (Diver's Unlimited) and also swim WAY out there diving from shore right here in Fort Pierce, however catching a good day here is RARE!

There are lots of AWESOME shore divers down there in So Florida. As a matter of fact if I LIVED in that area I would sign up for the kayak divers club "KAYUBA." The get together and Paddle WAY OUT there and Drift Dive as a group.

Scuba Jenny and MArvel can give you AWESOME insight as to the when's and where's of Shore Diving down there... the tectonic plates have shifted since I did my shore diving down there.

Debbydiver...Oh there you are!!!
Look for us in Florida Conch Divers South Florida Trips & Local Marketplace. Always looking for friendly new dive buddies!! I'm kinda new to the board too but I plan on posting all the dives incase anyone is ever intrested in going! All new friends are always welcome!

Hey buddies, thanks! I've been having so much trouble finding beach dive buds to keep up with me. My two best old beach dive buds for decades are no longer available, one moved away and one is critically ill. We dove together from Pompano to Hallandale for years and years but now it's just me.

I tried setting up some beach dives with my local club but responses included:

• You mean we have to swim that far? You said the reefs were "right offshore". Doesn't sound like fun. Fuhgeddaboudit.
  • Do you think I should get my gear checked? (Yes, please do, here's my local shop's number, when's the last time you had it checked?) Oh, probably ten years ago...I guess I should take it in, huh? (OMIGOD)
  • Well I haven't dived in a while, how do you get out to the reef? (You inflate your BC and snorkel out to save air.) Oh, really? I've never done that. (What do you mean?) I've never dived with a BC. (Huh?) Well the last time I dove was 30 years ago. I guess things have changed a little in that time. (UH HUH and you need to take SCUBA lessons!!!) How about I just snorkel over you? (AIN'T HAPPENING. PERIOD.)

There's a decent group from my dive club that beach dives but they go on Sundays. Sundays are reserved for my bicycling club, it's the best day traffic-wise for a quick 40 mile ride. Note that this changes in lobster season, I dive on the good Sundays then because I figure you don't bring dinner home when you go biking. :)

In frustration I started looking at the eDivers Board, then Scuba Jenny recommended I look here too.

I know Kayuba, I've known Chris V. for nearly 25 years (bumped into her and Jim last night, they are in town!) but a decent kayak is not in my budget and besides, I do love the calorie burn a beach dive gives!

I set up a beach dive with Scuba Jenny for Monday but my car overheated and I couldn't make it...now I have a brand new radiator and I'm ready to beach dive! So is anyone available for a beach dive this Saturday morning if the waves are OK?

Thanks again y'all, let's dive!!!

~ Debby with a Y

DebbyDiver:
...I've been having so much trouble finding beach dive buds to keep up with me... dove together from Pompano to Hallandale for years and years but now it's just me.

...Sundays are reserved for my bicycling club.. a quick 40 mile ride...but a decent kayak is not in my budget and besides, I do love the calorie burn a beach dive gives!

~ Debby with a Y

Your father's name was Jack LaLane right?

(just had a brain spark... If Jack LaLanne and Bettie Pagehad a daughter... OHHHHh mANnnn...)

You sound like quite the fitness queen. Once the SB Single Guys see these post it is going to be like sharks to a frenzy.

This reminds me of the Greek tale of the gal who would only marry the man who could catch her in a foot race up some steep mountain. Once she found the man she fancied she let him catch her.

I apologize for the thread jacking. Sounds like you are off to a good start for beach dive buddies. I'd offer but my scheldule is very crappy to try and plan around.

Watch out for some of these people they like to attach tow lines to your tank and have you pull them out, unbeknowist to you that is.

Welp, I am back to googling Jessica Alba

Ha! Thanks for the giggles. I'm single but taken...by a non-diver, I know, it's a "mixed relationship", but he's happy to be with a diver, those "free" lobster dinners, you know. :) I'm not really a fitness queen, in fact I am a qualified AARP member, but I've been beach diving for a long time and many people over the years have complained that I'm going too fast for them.

And my dad's gone off to the big reef in the sky but he was SCUBA diving back in the late 50's and early 60's when we lived near Los Angeles, when I was a little girl I'd drag his gigantic oval mask and blue duck fins into the pool and I just knew I'd be a diver one day. I had a crush on Mike Nelson you know!

So who's up for a beach dive? I have the feeling that the folks on this board are up to it! Let's hope for nice weather Saturday, I'm not into surf dives anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom