South Andaman trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
I just came back from a liveaboard divetrip to Hin Dang/Hin Maung, Koh 5, Bida Nai and Bida Nok. All in all, the coral reef seemed to survive the tsunami well with very minimal visible damage at some sites. Visibility is a bit worse than normal due to green plankton bloom but as a result, we get to see mantas, leppard sharks etc and there are plenty of fish and marine life around and very few diveboats.
You can see a slightly more complete report here: http://www.damnam.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=855

When I get back to Bangkok, I will have some pictures posted in the underwater photography section.

Just had a customer come back from the "Genesis" liveabord which ran a trip 21 - 24 Jan to Hin Daeng. The guy was supposed to go on Mermaid II, but they cancelled the day before due to lack of people. Luckily Sea Bees were doing this one as a special trip, so after a bit of persuading (as Genesis is not as big and luxury as Mermaid II), he went on the trip.

Whaleshark!

So he was a Happy Chappy.

I heard people saw one at Koh Bon last week also. Maybe the season is starting early this year..?

Hmmm, I guess I just missed it then. I was at Hin Daeng/Hin Maung diving on the 20th-21st and there were only mantas there. I would not be surprise with the amount of plankton there are in water right now. On the 21st, we were the only boat there in the morning at Hin Maung. On the 20th, there were us, Aqua One and Scubanet. Did not see Genesis at all so we probably left just before the whaleshark got there :(

ssra30:
we probably left just before the whaleshark got there :(

That must have happened a hundred times!

Actually, correction to my last post. The guy just showed me some photos from the trip. He did not see a whaleshark, but others did from the same boat. Lots of plankton and lots and lots of Mantas, so he was still happy! (because of the Mantas, not the plankton).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom