Source to purchase SL4 LED Upgrades for Halcyon Scout Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the fast response. Found a nice price on one, may try it.
There was someone on SB that was doing these with good results,
anyone know if he's still doing them or have a new email.
Thanks again.

Not sure this is what you're talking about but years ago there was a period of interest in using the P40 drop-in modules in the SL4 and SL6 lights. Is that what you're referring to? That module is smaller OD than the SL4 requires and a metal spacer is needed to complete contact. There were a variety of simple DIY solutions to that need described in various forums. I never saw a direct-fit after-market replacement at that time, or the last time I checked one of the prominent vendors, DX Extreme. I'm not familiar with the Halcyon Scout application, but in an SL4 this mod produces a powerful long-lasting and inexpensive tight-throw light.

Those P40 modules are still available, with some selection of emitters and drivers, last I checked. Cost recently ran around $10-$12.

I think the guy who was packaging those in ready-to-use form may have been jblomquist, or a handle close to that. Don't know if he's still active.

It's been a year or so since I've looked into this, so if this is off the mark, my apologies. $85 for that UK part is absurd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom