Source for Rec Dive Tables?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh you want a web based electronic table? There are none that I am aware of. You can get copies of several different tables on the web. Several are from government agencies (US Navy and NOAA) and do not have copyrights. As far as requirements to use certain tables there may be requirements for a given class but beyond that you can use what you find. As already noted there are differences based on the assumptions that were made when the tables were written.

Both VPM and RGBM source code is on the web in fortran and Bruce Wienke has a book out on RGBM Buhlmann has 4 books out but you would only need the latest one.

Last edited:
Well,that's kind of overwhelming. What I was hoping to find is a set of tables that would be freely usable in a web application. I guess I'm assuming that PADI, NAUI, SDI, et al, have the set of dive tables their organization uses copyrighted. ANother question along the same line is that if the users are required to be a certified diver, wouldn't that mean that they purchased a set of tables from their certifying authority during their initial training? If so, would they be entitled to use those tables obtained from a different source, i.e. - a web app that has a copy of those tables? Thanks.

What is your web app trying to do?

The app is an expansion of a phone app Ihad to access dive info. This calculates pressure groups, rnt, and so on. It was made for me but some buddies have been interested in it so I thought I'd dress it up a bit. I've adapted the PADI tables for my use, but I figured PADI would object to using them on the web since they get a cut. I figure that anyone who wants to use it would be okay as long as they own a set of tables, but someone brought up the point of using other tables. Also, it's not hard to make the app use any tables, it's just the pain of typing them in. The app is looking okay, but the issue of dive tables has been a headache for me.

Do you have a link for RGBM source code?

I thought that Bruce was licensing the source for like $7500 but that was several years ago. I think you can get source for VPM but I haven't looked in a long time.
Bill

PADI did their own, most of the other agencies just cut the US Navy tables back one step with no testing or real medical rationale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom