Sorong Airport Upgrades

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope that the runway extension will include lighting for night-time flights. That would really help.

The future is almost upon us. With an expanded runway and access,
Well the Makassar airport still sux, and you have to (?) go through there in the midst of the night with a long layover to get to Sorong. At least that is true from Bali.
- Bill

More likely its best to transit thru Makassar via Singapore. The airport is new, the air-conditioning works, and its way better than the old terminal. Makassar terminal is better than many small regional airports in the USA.

Have to agree Charlier...Makassar airport now is a dream compared to just a few short years. Even then it was far from bad by Indo standards. While night flights may be nice ..... Yeah, the futures here..direct flights by China Southern will be here before we know it.

Sumatra Charlier lol?

Bill - grab a room at the airport ibis hotel if the layovers that long. Cheap, clean and you wont miss your flight...just dont eat there.

Have to agree Charlier...Makassar airport now is a dream compared to just a few short years. Even then it was far from bad by Indo standards. While night flights may be nice ..... Yeah, the futures here..direct flights by China Southern will be here before we know it.

Sumatra Charlier lol?

Bill - grab a room at the airport ibis hotel if the layovers that long. Cheap, clean and you wont miss your flight...just dont eat there.

Between the airport at Banda Aceh or Padang, Makassar terminal is a treat. I dread future direct flights from major Asia air hubs to Sorong, Ambon, or Saumlaki.

I would volunteer to help demo the old terminal.

I hope they salvaged the clock from the old building. It's 2:20 somewhere and 8:37 somewhere else.

gal080711030-S.jpg

Last edited:
More than anything, I'm interested in the toilet facilities! Those were so gross that we paid the lounge fee to use their ugly toilet but it wasn't a patch as bad. Eww nasty.

billt4sf, I don't understand your problem with the Makassar airport. I thought it was a treat. Perhaps you were in a different area than we were.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom