Sony RX100 - Master compilation thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Few RX100 1st generation videos

North Raja Ampat
[youtubehq]DuCMkUyYiDE[/youtubehq]

Misool and South Raja Ampat
[youtubehq]2p6g12dxIBU[/youtubehq]

Raja Ampat Night Dives
[youtubehq]HN6t4c7JfDU[/youtubehq]

Muck Diving
[youtubehq]nwmEg9yY874[/youtubehq]

Pygmy Seahorses
[youtubehq]vyegzx70EcU[/youtubehq]

I will post the details of the video rig later

Here are my Fiji shots using RX100 Nauticam housing INON UWL100 with dome and UCL-100

Beqa Shark dives
[video=youtube;X7WZ8FvuKYE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7WZ8FvuKYE[/video]

Namena Marine Reserve
[video=youtube;_rsNxGjyiGI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rsNxGjyiGI[/video]

---------- Post added August 11th, 2013 at 11:54 AM ----------

Cant upload pics so here is my set on Flickr

Fiji 2013 douts - a set on Flickr

Great thread!!! Wish something like this was available when I was shopping for my first uw camera. I am a fairly new diver (1 year) and even "greener" at uw photography. I would consider myself a novice photographer (both topside and uw) and thought that perhaps a "rookie" point of view would be handy for some as many members on here are looking for their first uw setup.

I recently purchased RX100 and Ikelite housing and as of right now only used it during 1 dive trip (Red Sea). As others mentioned, this camera is quite difficult to use for a novice photographer, however with my minimum experience I was quite happy with the images that it produced.

As a side note, I also own G15 in Canon housing and thought it might be beneficial to include a link to my photo set from the trip which includes images from both of the cameras for comparison. Image names starting with DSC are from the rX100 and starting with IMG are from the G15.

Sharm-El-Sheikh - a set on Flickr

So I recently purchased a Sony RX100 ii with a Nauticam housing after reading many good reviews about the original RX100 on this site. Here is the first set of photos I have taken with it on a diving holiday in the Maldives. No external strobes were used, just the camera and the housing. Some of the photos were taken with the UWL-04 wet lens as well. Maldives 2013 - a set on Flickr

I have a friend who uses his on reefs, wrecks and great in caves. He doesnt use strobes just 2x SOLA 2000 video/photo lights for still photography. In auto mode this is a great camera for novices to use and grow in to. We had many new users on our Galapagos trip and they go some great results.

My video of Socorro dive trip taken with RX100 in a Nauticam Housing and INON H100 28M67(no dome port)
I love my RX100, the only complains are the the lack of MWB in movie mode and due to the codec it is rather difficult to do CC in post.

[video=youtube;-9XihqZA3z4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9XihqZA3z4[/video]

There are my images. Not so nice and prefect like previous one, just different :(

It was already mentioned, but maybe guys from Sony will read this and they will add possibility to change flash power, something like 1/64 will be enough for external strobes and will increase battery life time and recycle time.

971378_658200280875415_1808526434_n.jpg
556698_658178520877591_900081173_n.jpg
1262841_693436647351778_1934723301_o.jpg

Few more photos from RX100 camera (Ikelite housing, no flash, no lenses). Images taken with RX100 start withDSC ,IMG files are from RX100

Bonaire - October 2013 - a set on Flickr

I made a similar post in Canon forum as many members are asking for comparison.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom