Sony Nex 7 and Nex 5N Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Longimanus1975

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is this the new must have travel companion???

Looks very good from what I can read, out in November!

May have to save my pennies now to get one!

It looks like existing cases will work for the 5N but I wonder how long before cases for the Nex-7 will be available.
That said, I've preordered the 7 and wait expectantly for it to arrive this November.

Lenses, lenses and lenses (hint; Sony doesn't have them yet). No macro yet, no fisheye yet, so while the cameras are neat, there are not the plethora of lenses useful for UW photography. Spoken by a guy with the Nex-5 in a Nauticam housing.
Bill

good to hear that the current housing fit the nex5n

Bill got any links to any photos taken with you camera?

There is a post up in the Sony section right now and one will be up in the main section shortly.
Bill

Thanks bill, I will have a look

Just seen Sony are releasing a new macro lens, not sure if it is useful yet

The new Sony macro lens for the NEX5 & NEX7 is a 30mm macro lens, a very short focal length for macro work. And the close-focus distance is much too close imho, 1 inch. I'm guessing it will be better to use the 18-55mm with a wet diopter for the flexibility. - Scott

Scott

Thanks for this, not an expert yet, but alwasy willing to learn:D

The new Sony macro lens for the NEX5 & NEX7 is a 30mm macro lens, a very short focal length for macro work. And the close-focus distance is much too close imho, 1 inch. I'm guessing it will be better to use the 18-55mm with a wet diopter for the flexibility. - Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom