Sony NEX-5, Nauticam housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G- Again the stills are impressive. The video playback was choppy, so hard to really evaluate.
Your first cuttel fish flash pic that goes to the Video really shows the differance. The video lost all the color and went to blues and grays.

I haven't had any other complaints on the playback.

For the cuttlefish video I had the w/b set wrong, and of course realized this about 5 min later on the dive. Went back, of course no cuttlefish.
Pete

I have shot some photos in my house with the 16mm lens inside the dome port and I think it will work just fine, I have shot a good number of pictures on the Oriskany with the 16mm/Fisheye adapter and absolutely LOVE the outcome. I am just waiting for the right conditions to try the 16mm in the dome port without the fisheye adapter.

I'll try one more question seeing as nothing is happening here... Has anyone tried operating their camera houses with drysuit gloves? Is it difficult to operate the controls?

Hello Lubedal

I have used my Nauticam NA-NEX5 Housing in cold water with drysuit gloves. It is not more difficult than other housings with this size. You can find some pictures on page 3 of this posting.

Greetings from Switzerland,

Tino

The button controls will be difficult to use with drysuit gloves but the rest of the functions are very easy to use.

Hello Lubedal

I have used my Nauticam NA-NEX5 Housing in cold water with drysuit gloves. It is not more difficult than other housings with this size. You can find some pictures on page 3 of this posting.

Greetings from Switzerland,

Tino
The button controls will be difficult to use with drysuit gloves but the rest of the functions are very easy to use.

Thank you both. I will probably have to use gloves when I do most local dives (just tested parts of my first set of diving gear this Sunday), however as long as I can operate it functionally it should be fine. Would still be great to take on vacations.

I'm still a bit on the fence due to the economic commitment of the housing vs picture/video quality when compared to e.g. the E-PL2... though choices to be made.

For me it ultimately boiled down to size. I do a lot of photography and videography while spearfishing, so I was interested in getting the best I could afford in the smallest package. And for that, the Nex-5 wins Hands down!

Hi!
Do anyone now if I can use Inon Grip base DIII holder on nauticas Nex-5 house?

Regards
Z

Hi guys,
I'm a backpacking diving instructor who wants to get into UW photography. The NEX 5 with the nauticam housing seems like a great package for what I want. I like that you can use the Nikonos lenses, but I don't know if it's a bit mad to start out with a Nikonos as my first lens, what do you think? Better to stay with the Sony lenses and keep it simple?
It's also not clear if I would need a dome port with the Nikonos, I've seen it with and without the Sea & Sea 12mm full-frame fisheye. Would you recommend the 15mm Nikonos as a general use wide angle lens?
Many thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom