Sony Marinepack Housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Before I got into diving I bought a DSC-P71. Then I go to maui - do a try scuba - well the rest is self-explanatory. I was looking for an UW housing for the brand new DSC-P71 and come up dry. I email sony and notice all of their housings were for older model cameras and they reply "we do not comment on potential future products"... So I run to ebay and pick up a perfectly good used DSC-P3 and the Sony underwater housing. I found by using Adobe Photoshop Essentials 2.0 and adding 3-4 shades of red back in manually I ended up with really great pics...

I've since invested in the color filter and underwater light - much to my surprise it didn't come with the proper mounting arm. I tried to order the Sony arm and its out of stock everywhere I look. I found a modular "build-it-yourself" system online from Bonica (and a little cheaper). I'm hoping it will fit the standard tripod mounting on the bottom - we'll see this weekend....!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom