Review Sony FE 28-60mm f/4-5.6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello @Interceptor121 & @Hoag , since you are using the the A1 with the nauticam housing. I'd like to get your feedback on 28-60 f4-5.6 / 28-70 f3.5-5.6 OSS and 16-36 pz f4 which one would you recommened for the best optical quality for videography?
I own both A1/A7SIII and i'd like to make a decision, so i am really keen to get your opinion!
Thanks in advance!

Hello @Interceptor121 & @Hoag , since you are using the the A1 with the nauticam housing. I'd like to get your feedback on 28-60 f4-5.6 / 28-70 f3.5-5.6 OSS and 16-36 pz f4 which one would you recommened for the best optical quality for videography?
I own both A1/A7SIII and i'd like to make a decision, so i am really keen to get your opinion!
Thanks in advance!
My apologies if I was not clear. I shoot a Sony A6000 in a Nauticam housing, not an A1.

Thanks in advance!
I had the WWL-1 from before so I got the 28-60mm
The 28-70 is not compatible with the wwl-1 but works with the wacp-c
If you are looking for wet mount 28-60 dry mount you can choose
I don’t own the 28-70 but the lens reviews say its average the 28-60 as I write here is very average off centre but ok in the middle of the frame

I had the WWL-1 from before so I got the 28-60mm
The 28-70 is not compatible with the wwl-1 but works with the wacp-c
If you are looking for wet mount 28-60 dry mount you can choose
I don’t own the 28-70 but the lens reviews say its average the 28-60 as I write here is very average off centre but ok in the middle of the frame
I was more leaning towards buying the WACP-1, but i wanted to know which one of these lenses provide the best optical quality for video with the A1/A7SIII

I was more leaning towards buying the WACP-1, but i wanted to know which one of these lenses provide the best optical quality for video with the A1/A7SIII
The A7SIII has up to 4K it won't make any significant difference which of those lenses you buy in terms of IQ
You need to think if you want a wet or dry mount as that is much more relevant

The A7SIII has up to 4K it won't make any significant difference which of those lenses you buy in terms of IQ
You need to think if you want a wet or dry mount as that is much more relevant
I am kind of a new in this field, i don't know the difference between wet/dry mount.. i'd appreciate it if you could please explain, as well recommend which setup would give me the best optical quality for video.

I am kind of a new in this field, i don't know the difference between wet/dry mount.. i'd appreciate it if you could please explain, as well recommend which setup would give me the best optical quality for video.
Best optical set up is not the issue. The fact is will you want to take the lens off in water or put a filter between the lens and the port or this does not matter
If you dont know how things work probably is better to start with a smaller sensor camera that is less prone to imprecisions like a GH5

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom