Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P9???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sfrehe

Reaction score
Hello

Just inquiring wether anyone has an opinion on this camera.
I do realise there is no connection in the available housing for an external stobe and there is a limit of 45m,SONY MPK-P9
Other concerns is the lithium batteries,life?
and the cost of ram ,its diffrent sony ram and more expensive.

I think the sony batteries are second to none. I have the DCS-S85 the P-9's big brother and the battery does me for three or four dives - but I do carry a spare as well.

The cost of RAM as you put it is only slighly more than the other medias but it does seem to be more robust.

Jonathan

Ellen's gallery is a good start. I have a DSC-P5 and in my opinion it is a great little camera, second to none. I've been very happy with the results w/o an extra strobe YMMV. The big advantage is it's size and that it focuses down to 4". The battery lasts about 50 minutes and is good for a couple of dives if you conserve it, ie turn the camera off between pictures. I do recommend an extra battery. Here's a slide show of New England diving, all taken with a P5.

Home Page

Back
Top Bottom