Sony A6XXX and battery life and strobe considerations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi James,
Sorry to hear about your accident. Happy you are doing well now. You and your wife couldn't have been any nicer or helpful when we meet . Backscatter has my system and they are working on a solution. They are going to test All options first and then make a new recommendation. They have been absolutely great in their response and handling of this issue.

Steve, please provide an update with the results and recommendations from Backscatter, if only a PM. I know that is frustrating, going on a trip to have your expensive camera not work as expected. I am trying to get mine in the pool again but I want to wait for the new TTL trigger. I am still some ways out from our next trip so have a little time. The A6400 works fine with the onboard strobe as trigger, but works even better, faster and less battery drain (in theory) with the trigger. I have been thinking to purchase the Nauticam trigger (used for the NA-6600) and take it apart and reconfigure it to work with the NA-6400. Just as a back up trigger. May need to have a Plan A, B, C and D :wink: .

Oh, thanks, I am 100% (crazy)!

James

I work for the TRT-Electronics and we are manufacturing the Turtle triggers for different camera models for a few years. I know there are some other reliable triggers on the market, some of them have special features, but basically, all of them should do their job: control the strobe. I can tell you troubleshooting isn't always that simple. Sometimes the hot shoe is damaged or the single-core fiber optic wasn't good enough for the specific strobe's sensor. And sometimes the trigger is faulty, it can happen, sadly, but I'm sure all manufacturers test all pieces before delivery as we do. (It makes us happy when we see the great underwater photos of our customers.) There are so many camera models, housings, cables, strobes, and certainly, the needs of the photographers are different, so it isn't easy to find the problem... And we use this stuff in saltwater, a drop of water can make a lot of trouble.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom