Closed Sony A6500 / Fantasea FA6500 Mirrorless Underwater Kit

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grumply

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Much as it hurts me to do this. I’m putting my barely-used and mint-condition Sony A6500/Fantasea underwater kit up for sale.

12 months ago I foolishly tried to buy my way into a better work/life balance, with more time spent underwater. But I have failed resoundingly. So the kit has been used on a grand total of a single one-week dive trip in the Maldives in January last year, and hasn't got wet since, so it's in as mint a condition as used kit can be really.

The image quality this compact little kit puts out is really quite exceptional. Comparing the results to what my dive buddy was getting with his Nauticam/D800e setup, it really wasn’t giving up a lot (with added bonus of terrific 4k video as well).

The phase-detect autofocus is Sony’s latest tech, and performs terrifically (even in dim, and murky water). The image quality is fantastic, and the housing is compact, comfortable in the hands, and as easy to operate underwater as the pricier aluminium options (Fantasea really have done an excellent job with the ergonomics).

I’ve sold off the more specific lenses and ports, so this is basically the base Fantasea kit. The flat port paired with the nifty little 16-50mm will let you easily expand with Fantasea’s excellent wide-angle and macro wet lenses (which allow you to shoot both wide-angle and macro in a single dive).

And to make life easier (and reduce the stress of taking so much expensive kit beneath the waves) there’s also the terrific Leak Sentinel v5 Vacuum System (with LED indicators), and a moisture detector in the housing itself.

The kit includes:

CAMERA:

- Sony A6500
- Sony E 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6
- 3x Sony NP-FW50 Batteries

HOUSING:

- Fantasea FA6500 Housing for Sony a6500 and a6300
- Fantasea FML Flat Port 34
- Leak Sentinel V5
- SeaLife Flexconnect Dual Tray
- 2x SeaLife Flexconnect Ball Joint Adapter SL999 (male)
- 2x SeaLife Flexconnect Grip
- 6x SeaLife Flexconnect Flex Arms
- 2X Sea & Sea Fibre Optic Cables
- Spare O-Rings, grease, vacuum pump etc. etc.

So get yourself some cheap happiness at the mere cost of my misery/failure!

$4,900 AUD worth of practically new kit, yours for $3200 AUD / $2175 USD + Shipping

Pickup available from Melbourne, Australia. Or I can ship it wherever you need.

Cheers,

Mark

PKQivIy.jpg

3JAKQYH.jpg

9LW3eH1.jpg

WiE7WEe.jpg

pv9tXXN.jpg

Also happy to sell the Fantasea kit separately (if someone already had the camera). The underwater kit by itself would be $1,880 USD / $2,785 AUD + shipping.

Are you willing to sell just your fiber optic cables and the Sea Life ball joint adapters (SL999)? If so, do you know which version of the Sea & Sea cables you have?

Thanks.

Are you willing to sell just your fiber optic cables and the Sea Life ball joint adapters (SL999)? If so, do you know which version of the Sea & Sea cables you have?

Thanks.

Not looking to break down the kit that granularly at the moment, sorry.

Price drop to $3000 AUD / $2060 USD + shipping

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom