Sony a6000 16mm+Fisheye Converter Ports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefvagabond

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know which ports are compatible with the Sony 16mm+Sony VCL-ECF2 Fisheye Converter for the Recsea a6000 housing?

What about Nauticam?

I'm looking to get a housing but want to make sure this lens will work. I prefer the Recsea. I'm also quite new to photography.

I have the Nauticam housing for the a6300. I believe the ports are the same. For the 16mm + fisheye, I use the small dome port (36125).

Pretty happy with my Nauticam housing -- it also has the widest range of ports for the different lenses for the a6000/a6300. You might not need that option now, but you might want that in the future!

Ok, stupid question, with a fisheye lens, is a dome port required?

Anyone know anything about the Recsea? I really like it's much smaller size.

Yes you need a fisheye dome port for a fisheye lens.

If you plan to use the now out of production A6000 it would make sense to look to the used market for a housing because most manufactures have moved on to housings for the A6300. I just reviewed the Ikelite A6300 housing which supports the Sony 16mm + Fisheye adapter, uwpmag.com. The size differences are not always an up side.

The size differences are not always an up side.

What did you mean by the size difference is not an upside? Of the housing? The lens? or between the a6000 and a6300?

I thought I'd stick with the a6000 since the a6300 seems to have issues overheating and based on other review online a really bad rolling shutter for video. Did you have any experience with that?

First I am not a video guy so you will need to ask others. Regarding housing size, smaller is not always better. This camera and the A6300 have poor battery life and many video users are adding an extra after market battery which will not fit in smaller housings. More volume inside the housing means less float material needed on the outside of the housing. Support for the camera you are buying, not much Recsea support in the US. Look at the new housing from Aquatica.ca for A6300, it is designed for an accessory battery and the Ikelite also has more room. Last housing an old camera in a new housing does not make a lot of sense as these products loose value quickly when new camera replacements come out. Again used market would be best for A6000 housing. Also look at the Ikelite A6000 housing and the new A6300 housing to see the many improvements made to the new products. I think you need to do more research from trusted sources on the overheating issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom