Sony 50mm lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alien

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Is this any good for underwater macro use? Will it fit in the standard Nauticam macro port?

It will be manual focus only and I don't know that there is a focus ring for it.
Bill

Sorry for the confusion; I assumed he meant the standard Sony 50 macro lens with the normal adapter. The new Sony 50 mm 1.8 lens will not be a good macro lens, the maximum magnification is only 1:6 and it has a working distance of 15 inches or so. Not my idea of a macro lens but it might be a good fish portrait lens if you have good clean water. Here in Southern California, not so much.
Bill

OSS ("Optical Steady Shot") is Sony's lens-based image stabilization mechanism

Tino

For macro you better use the 30mm. I have the 30mm one but thinking of getting the 50mm. It's still no sales from sony indonesia for the 50mm.

I think sony has missed calculated the demands for its 50mm and sony nex 5ND. I have putted pre-order since 4 months ago, still no stock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom