Sometimes Islands on Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake Travis Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Lake Level 629.86' (full lake - 681'). Attached is a picture of Sometimes Island. Hopefully rain this weekend will give the lake a lift.

Don't forget about the Lake Travis Underwater Cleanup, Sunday September 13. For more details - Lake Travis Underwater Cleanup | Keep Austin Beautiful.

Attachments

• lake travis 3 pic stitch sept2009ver1_edited-2.jpg
    lake travis 3 pic stitch sept2009ver1_edited-2.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
It would be sweet if they would let you drive out there. That is definitely going into my saved picture file.:cool3:

Thanks for pic Robert! And thanks for the boat ride for the Lake travis clean-up today. I had a great time.

I have been in San Diego since Wed, how is the lake level today? Has Austin been getting any of the rain N Texas has been getting. I have heard N Texas has been hammered since Thursday. I wish some would move more south.

Lake Level came up a few inches from the rain, not much at all. Visibility on the Oasis wall was good 5-10 feet down to 65' sunlight was blocked out at about 45' on an overcast day.

It would be sweet if they would let you drive out there. That is definitely going into my saved picture file.:cool3:

There are still a couple of water filled channels just before the island.Maybe 3 feet deep.

A really motivated diver could do the Shaker Plant as a shore dive.................

Back
Top Bottom